One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort Fact Sheet
- Location: The Breckenridge Peaks located at the bases of Peaks 7 and 8, Breckenridge Ski Area, Colorado
- Total Residential Units Approximately 450 when the development is complete
- Developed by affiliates of Vail Resorts Development Company (VRDC)
- Total Skier Services Approximately 51,000 s.f.
- Peak 8 Residential Approximately 282 residential units in six buildings
One Ski Hill Place
Approx. 88 wholly-owned ski-in/ski-out condominiums are anticipated in the first building at Peak 8. It will likely include:
Studio to four-bedroom furnished residences
- Studios: 8 units - 490 – 576 s.f.each
- One bedrooms: 15 units – 761 s.f.each
- One-bedroom/dens: 6 units - 860-958 s.f. each
- Two bedrooms: 33 units - 1142- 1282 s.f. each
- Two bedroom/dens: 4 units – 1315 s.f. each
- Three bedrooms: 15 units - 1445-1500 s.f. each
- Three bedroom/den: 3 units – 1905 s.f. each
- Four bedrooms: 4 units – 1905 – 1982 s.f. each
- Mountain Lodge, dominant sheltering roof forms, large or equivalent shaded windows, natural wood and stone materials.
- Connected to Town by the new seasonal BreckConnect gondola
- Developed by VRDC or its affiliate
Color scheme – Autumn Gold
Finish scheme – Tumbled Ivory
Bosch/Thermidor appliances with Franklin wine cooler in some residences
Wood floors in entry and kitchen
Carpet in living room, dining room, all bedrooms –
Some units have wood floor in living and dining room – check unit specs.
Italian tile in all bathrooms
Granite on kitchen counter tops and bathroom vanity tops w/ tile backsplash.
One Ski Hill Place Amenities
- Fully amenitized RockResorts family resort environment
- Sunny snow front skier plaza
- Anticipated food court restaurant to replace The Bergenhoff – 12000 s.f. approx (possibly part of conf. space in summer)
- Lively après-ski bar and lounge 3500 s.f. approx
- Café – 2500 s.f. approx'
- Grand lobby with fireplace - 1800 s.f. approx
- Media Rooms – 2 large screen TV theater rooms with 8-9 seats per room – approx 600 s.f.
- Game Room – 300 s.f.
- Aquatics area with 2 swimming pools (3’6” to 4’ and 3’3”) and indoor hot tub (log slice, water floats and fountain in one swimming pool) 7254 s.f.
- Glass wall does not open to outside and is not telescopic.
- 2-lane Bowling Alley 2740 s.f.
- Outdoor hot-tub plaza
- Outdoor fireplace
- Conference space 4669 s.f.
- Fitness room (6-10 pieces of equipment approx) with 2 massage rooms, steam room and sauna – 600 s.f. approx
- Heated underground parking - 88 residential parking spots
- Wireless internet in each residence
- Stone fireplaces in each residence
- 5 – piece master bath in each residence
- BreckConnect gondola to access the Peak 8 slopes
- Storage – Long term storage– Garden level 3’ x 4’ x 7 approximately 2 Owner Lockers (1 in private owner locker room, 2nd in general locker room) – Level one – premium wood lockers each 2’ x 2’ x 7’ approx
- Underground parking – 88 spaces/one per residence – unassigned.
One Ski Hill Place Commercial Space
3000 s.f. commercial
Gift store and offices
Ski school and child care facility proposed for future buildings at Peak 8
Green Globes Features
One Ski Hill Place is designed to Green Globes standards. We have incorporated the following Green Globes initiatives:
- Maintaining high indoor air quality by using low voc (volatile organic compounds) paints, carpets and sealants
- High thermal insulation for exterior walls and roofs and low-e windows for more efficient energy use
- Daylighting in the building design is optimized through the building orientation and window-to-wall size ratios.
- Minimizing disturbance of the surrounding natural environment with the implementation of erosion control and limiting negative impacts of exterior lighting to preserve the natural night sky
- Energy-efficient equipment: high efficiency boilers, building automation systems and energy-efficient hot water service systems, low flow toilets and energy efficient appliances resulting in lower energy consumption
- Local stone and concrete and recycled drywall and fiber cement siding are used in the construction
- Skier restaurant serving hormone free meat and organic milk products
9 properties plus 4 in development
- Hotel Jerome, CO
- The Osprey at Beaver Creek, CO
- The Pines Lodge, CO
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square, CO
- The Lodge at Vail, CO
- La Posada de Santa Fe, NM
- Snake River Lodge & Spa, WY
- The Landings St. Lucia, WI
- Tempo Miami, FL
- One Ski Hill Place, CO
- Rum Cay Hotel & Spa, Bahamas
- Third Turtle Club & Spa, Turks and Caicos
- Balcones Del Atlantico, Dominican Republic
Unique combination of informal elegance, legendary service and a variety of outdoor adventures in some of the world’s most beautiful locations. properties are indigenous to their locations.
The Development Team
Vail Resorts Development Company (VRDC) is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. With over four decades of experience gained through creating an impressive list of resort communities private clubs, VRDC is a clear leader in the resort development industry. VRDC through its affiliates plans, designs and builds the Company’s luxury communities and lodging, private ski and golf clubs, retail spaces and employee housing.
The O’Bryan Partnership – A.I.A. is a full service, award-winning architectural firm located in Frisco, Colorado, specializing in mountain resort architecture and planning. This architectural firm’s design talents, combined with their mountain resort experience, set the firm apart from other architectural firms. Over the past ten years, O’Bryan Partnership has been involved in planning, designing and construction administration for a variety of projects including Market Square in Beaver Creek, Colorado and Mountain Thunder Lodge and Townhomes in Breckenridge, Colorado.
Ken O’Bryan, Principal of O’Bryan Partnership Inc., and his team of architects, interior designers and engineers have set the tone for the development of The Breckenridge Peaks by encompassing the bold lines, rustic material and refined sensibility reminiscent of the great lodges of the American West in the National Parks. This style evokes the romance of a secluded mountain lodge, while still being closely connected to the vibrant and historical Town of Breckenridge.
Hart Howerton consists of over 160 planners, architects, landscape architects, and interior designers. Starting from the original bases in New York and San Francisco, the core team of principals has established a network of regional offices that enable the firm to work with their clients efficiently and effectively, irrespective of project location.
Hart Howerton’s practice is designing complete environments ™ – exceptional buildings, communities and places – in special situations, where a unique historic or natural environment requires an especially thoughtful and innovative solution. They apply an integrated approach to master planning, architecture, and landscape design to create value for their clients, helping them achieve the full potential of their visions and their land assets.
Over the past decade, Rocky Mountain principal John Burkholder has guided Hart Howerton design efforts with Vail Resorts affiliates and subsidiaries to create several successful world class mountain resort communities, most recently completing the design vision and master planning work for The Breckenridge Peaks in Summit County, Colorado.
Portico Interior Design
Portico Design Group selected the interior design finishes of the residences and lobbies of One Ski Hill Place. This Vancouver based interior design firm is known internationally for their expertise in resort development. Their philosophy is twofold: To bring space to life… and bring life to space. The Portico Design team produces outstanding interiors while staying true to the project vision, architecture, landscape and geography–constantly challenging the expected. www.porticodesign.com