HERE COMES THE BRIDE, ALL DRESSED IN…GREEN!
RockResorts Unveils Green Weddings Initiative
Denver, CO (February 14, 2008) – RockResorts, a luxury hotel company with a long-standing tradition of emphasizing the natural settings of its resort locations, is launching a brand-wide “Green Weddings” initiative beginning this summer. From the majestic mountains of Vail to the authentic adobes of Santa Fe, couples can now say “I Do” at a RockResort without saying “I Don’t” to Mother Nature.
Those exchanging their vows at the nine unique RockResorts properties will do much more than just recycle the cans attached to their “Just Married” signs. Celebrating this special day at a RockResort offers shades of green sure to satisfy and make a difference to the bride and groom, their guests and the planet. From initial planning until the last guest leaves the reception, some components of RockResorts “Green Weddings” will include:
· Suggestions for recycled paper invitations and creatively designed electronic “save the dates”
· Resources given to the future bride and groom, of preferred vendors for wedding dresses, tuxedos, bridesmaid dresses, etc.
· Opportunities to partner with an environmental non-profit, such as the National Forest Foundation, in order to encourage the bride & groom to donate money in lieu of extra extravagances such as a Viennese table or cordial bar.
· Availability of environmentally-friendly car, limo and shuttle service to and from the airport and during the wedding and other related events
· Natural, indigenous spa treatments for the wedding party
· Access to community-based volunteer projects in the surrounding region for family and guests to partake in.
· Stylists that use natural/organic cosmetics and health care products
· Preferred photographers that solely use hi-res digital photography
· Use of cleaner-burning soy candles during the ceremony
· Resources for vendors that offer organic flower petal confetti and organic flowers that the bride and groom can use throughout the reception
· Eco-friendly table centerpieces
· Organic wines and beers, focusing on unique regional and local offerings
· The use of organic and locally-grown and produced food for menu options
· Organic wedding cake and other confections
· Suggestions on eco-friendly wedding favors
[The various eco-friendly offerings mentioned above for the RockResorts “Green Weddings” program may tend to vary depending on what resort one chooses.]
Additionally, RockResorts will also offer an “Environmentally Engaged” program for those who are still on their way to tying the green knot. Couples planning their ceremony at any of the properties will be guided by the hotel’s event planning staff and supplied with green wedding planning resources that include various eco-friendly tips, such as information on vendors who supply environmentally-friendly wedding gowns and tuxedos, photographers and entertainment.
# # #
RockResorts, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vail Resorts, owns and operates luxury resort hotels that offer casually elegant accommodations, lavish RockResorts SpasÒ, renowned golf courses, award-winning dining and a variety of exciting outdoor adventures. The RockResorts collection includes The Arrabelle at Vail Square and The Lodge at Vail in Vail, Colo.; Hotel Jerome in Aspen, Colo.; The Osprey at Beaver Creek and The Pines Lodge in Beaver Creek, Colo.; La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa in Santa Fe, N.M.; Snake River Lodge & Spa in Jackson Hole, Wyo.; and The Landings St. Lucia, Rodney Bay, St. Lucia. Future RockResorts include: Tempo Miami in Miami, Fla. (scheduled to open in 2010); Balcones Del Atlántico, Dominican Republic (scheduled to open in 2010); One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge, Colo. (scheduled to open in 2010); The Mansfield Inn at Stowe in Stowe, Vt. (scheduled to open in winter 2011/2012); Rum Cay Resort Marina, The Bahamas (scheduled to open in 2012); and the Third Turtle Club & Spa, Turks and Caicos (scheduled to open in 2013).