Join us in our environmental efforts. There are lots of ways that you can make a difference at home or away. While preparing for your visit and staying with us or at other resorts consider the following:
- Plan your travel to reduce extra travel miles. It’s good for the planet and gets you started on your vacation sooner.
- Use the resort shuttle service rather then renting a car. Visit Colorado Mountain Express. Once you arrive, free shuttles are available at all our Colorado resorts.
- Pack light. Reduce fuel use on the plane or in your vehicle and get underway faster when you reach your destination…just grab your bag and go.
- Participate in the resort linen and towel reuse program – each property does it slightly differently so look for in-room guidance on what to do with your towels and bed linens to reduce the amount of energy, water and detergent used for daily laundering.
- Bring along a refillable water bottle to help cut down on waste and stay hydrated during your travels.
- Opt out of the daily newspaper. During registration ask the front desk to skip your room for a daily newspaper delivery. You can always catch up on the day’s news with extra copies placed in the hotel lobby.
- Recycle. Look for containers to recycle paper, cans and bottles. Don’t see them…ask at the front desk for assistance.
- Turn off the lights and turn down the thermostat when you leave the room.
- Treat yourself and connect to the area you are visiting by ordering menu items grown or raised in the region. Most restaurants highlight these items on their menus. Take a step further and look for organic, free-range and other natural food selections.